CITY FIRST DAY:
- Reception and transfer from the Airport to Hotel.
- Overnight at Hotel Epoca.
ECOLODGE SECOND DAY:
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- Transfer to the port.
- Transfer in a fast boat for 3 hours, 140 kms. upriver from Iquitos on the Amazon River.
- Distribution of bungalow and guidance.
- Leoncito Hike, where you appreciate the immense variety of flora around the Muyuna area. You’ll also be amazed at how huge the ceiba tree is. In addition, you will see the world’s smallest monkey, the pigmy marmoset, the squirrel, the tamarin and the howler monkeys. whose deafening roar can be heard many miles away.
- After watching a sunset over the forest of mirrors, back to Lodge.
- In the evening, boat ride to see caimans, nocturnal birds and mammals.
ECOLODGE THIRD DAY:
- We will take you to the Amazon River, where you will experience the most magical moment of your trip, which is to swim in the same river where the pink and gray dolphins live. You can see them, but, don’t expect to touch. On the way back to the lodge, you will see the biggest aquatic plant in the world, the famous Victoria Regia. It is also easy to see iguanas.
- This is an area that has many strangler vines, being the favorite spot of the bird “hoatzin” or shansho. This colorful bird looks like a prehistoric bird because it has three claws on the middle joint of the wing.
- Boat trips to the lakes Purura and Corriente and catch different kind of fish, including the famous piranha.
- At night, you do a night walk in search of huge frogs, anaconda´s favorite food. In addition to seeing tarantulas.
ECOLODGE FOURTH DAY:
- Boat trip to Lake Sapote watching different birds, like parrots, jacanas, kingfishers, herons, panguana, partridges, pigeons, cormorants, horned screamers, and then move to the otherend of the Lake Moena where you can see slothand monkeys, as the night monkey, squirrel, monk, stump, etc.
- With your guide, you will be able to count all the animals seen in your Animal Check List.
- Your experience of the jungle comes to an end and you will sail three hours back to Iquitos and take you to the hotel or airport.